New Life Resolution--Green Smoothie fast preplanning

I have come across lots of information lately that has all pointed towards whole foods, raw foods and low animal based foods diet as the ideal diet for autoimmune dosorders.  I have watched things like "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", "FoodMatters" and "Forks over Knives" among other things.
I have a fibromyalgia diagnosis, but it seems to be partially if not completely, in remission.  I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.  I am considered pre-lupus---and I am only 30 years old. And as of today I am considering a visit to the doctor for a test for Cushings disease. I have been on methotrexate for 3 years, muscle relaxers for 3 years, antidepressants for 4 years, blood pressure meds for 2 years and things do not seem to be getting better.  I am going to greatly humble myself here and admit that my weight teeters at 300lbs.  Yes, you read that right.  There are alot of mitigating factors but I cannot deny that I am solely to blame, period.  I got myself in this bind and I, with God's help, will get myself out.
Here is my plan.  I am on Thursday January 5th embarking on a 30 day green smoothie fast.  For 30 days I will consume only raw fruits, vegetables, water, black coffee, green tea and small amounts of soymilk. While weightloss is a long-term goal, my most pressing goal is to feel better and eat healthier.  I am not looking at this as a diet--this is a treatment.  I am making the choice to let food be my medicine.  I am willing to try something that I have never tried before in order to achieve something that I have never achieved before.
After my 30 days of green smoothie fast I will break for a short time and actually 'eat' my meals (still maintaining a vegetarian diet).  I plan to then begin a 10 day juice fast--that is if I can persuade my husband to buy me a juicer!!!
Is this my New Years Resolution?  Not really, but maybe. I don't want to doom it by placing that moniker on it so I will call this My New Life Resolution.

Comments

Enyonam said…
I wish you all the best of luck ;-). You can do this.

http://transitioningto143.blogspot.com
Stolle said…
thanks for the encouragement!

Popular posts from this blog

How to prepare for the Composite Science 8-12 TEXES certification exam

Fear is a Liar

Growing our Heritage from A-Z: In Search of a Full Quiver Month 3