New Life Resolution Day 8: Quiet Time Reveal, The Power of the Living Word

So today is the second day that I am post juice fast.  I still feel awesome.  I am eating mostly fruits and veggies with a tad it of meat when I go out, Like Wednesday night dinner last night at Erath.  But I am avoiding junk food.  God called me to quiet time with Him this morning.  My quiet time is an everyday goal but I will be honest and admit that it far too easily falls by the way-side.
I sat down this morning with my Bible and prayed for God to reveal his will for me to me and this is what I found.  I opened to the middle of the book of Daniel and I was intrigued by the fasting vision Daniel had of a huge war with rules that sounded uncannily like our governments today.  I read 2-3 chapters and decided that I needed to start at the beginning.  What I found litterly made me call out to God and immediately call my husband.
Daniel 1:8-16

8-10 But Daniel determined that he would not defile himself by eating the king's food or drinking his wine, so he asked the head of the palace staff to exempt him from the royal diet. The head of the palace staff, by God's grace, liked Daniel, but he warned him, "I'm afraid of what my master the king will do. He is the one who assigned this diet and if he sees that you are not as healthy as the rest, he'll have my head!"



11-13 But Daniel appealed to a steward who had been assigned by the head of the palace staff to be in charge of Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: "Try us out for ten days on a simple diet of vegetables and water. Then compare us with the young men who eat from the royal menu. Make your decision on the basis of what you see."



14-16 The steward agreed to do it and fed them vegetables and water for ten days. At the end of the ten days they looked better and more robust than all the others who had been eating from the royal menu. So the steward continued to exempt them from the royal menu of food and drink and served them only vegetables.



HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE!!!!!  God has renwed my drive for a wholesome fruit and veggetable based diet.  I choose to be like Daniel and not eat the diet of our kingly world but rather eat what God has provided for me from this earth.  Such an amazing experience when the Word of God comes alive and speaks directly into your situation.  This is why it is SO very important to physically put yourself in the Word.  Simply listening to sermons or reading books written by others is NO SUBSTITUTE for the one on one connect with God expereinced through the Bible.  Thank you God for that gift!
 
DOWN 1.4 lbs today!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to prepare for the Composite Science 8-12 TEXES certification exam

Fear is a Liar

Growing our Heritage from A-Z: In Search of a Full Quiver Month 3