Growing our Heritage: In Search of a Full Quiver--From A to Z, month 1.5

Stolle party of 6!
It has been a little over the one month mark since we added a new member to our family.  We are now a family of 6. The similarities between Z's story and A's story and behaviors are uncanny.  We learned a lot our first go-around with A about how best to handle discipline and behaviors of children from hard places and it has all come in handy.  I find myself to be far less exhausted and on edge this go around; there really is a huge learning curve when dealing with adding 8 year old boys you barely know to your family.
Z is a joy.  He is a adorable ball of energy; full of love, creativity and butt cheek jokes (yes, I'm serious).  He calls me momma or mommy and loves sitting in my lap and snuggling.  He calls Jason daddy with ease, and has even asked to sit in his lap from time to time. 
My life has become a tornado of beyblades, pokemon cards, xbox discs, sports and fart jokes--and I wouldn't change it for the world!
I just cannot get over the gift that adoption from foster care really is.  My sweet Z has spent 6.5 years associated with the foster care system (it will be closer to 7 years once we finalize), and we are more than blessed to be chosen as his future adoptive family.  I cannot get over how hard and fast I fall in love with these boys.  God really is the master author and is writing His story with our lives.  While I mourn the tragedy and trauma that brought these boys to my doorstep, I celebrate the gift of having them join our family.

Ephesians 1:5    
He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Matthew 18:5    

“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me,
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to prepare for the Composite Science 8-12 TEXES certification exam

Fear is a Liar

Growing our Heritage from A-Z: In Search of a Full Quiver Month 3